Dell Inspiron 15 5585 : A Step-by-Step Guide for your needs
By Admin 7 months ago
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Upgrade Your Dell Inspiron 15 5585
When you want to upgrade your computer, you have to make sure that you follow the right steps so that it's done correctly. This guide will teach you how to perform a simple upgrade on your Dell Inspiron 15 5585 laptops, including what components need to be upgraded, and how to do it in three simple steps.
1) Make sure that your computer is turned off before working on it.2) Remove the battery from the computer if possible for safety precautions.3) Turn off any disc drives or other devices connected to your computer before beginning this process.
4) Unscrew all screws from the case of your laptop.5) Remove the hard drive from its carrier by first removing its screws and then sliding it out of the plastic carrier.6) Once all components are removed, connect them in order according to the technician’s directions.7) After connecting each component, reattach them following the same order as they were removed with those new leads facing upwards into theirs.
Turning off your computer
Before starting the upgrade, turn off your computer. This will provide you with a clear view of all components and where they should be placed before connecting them to each other.
Removing the battery
Removing the battery is simple and easy to do. Just unscrew its screws and slide it out of the laptop.
Unscrewing all screws on the case
If you have removed all screws from the case, now you can remove your hard drive from its carrier by first removing its screws and then sliding it out of the plastic carrier.
Removing the hard drive from its carrier
The hard drive carrier is the part that holds the motherboard, CPU, and graphics card. It also contains the ports through which you connect your hard drive to your laptop. To remove it, first, unscrew all screws from the case of your laptop. You will then be able to pull out the hard drive and set it aside while you continue installing or replacing other parts.
Removing the components from their respective carriers
The following is a list of the different components in your laptop, with the carrier they are inserted into:
4) RAM slots
5) HDD (Hard Disk Drive) carrier
6) SSD (Solid State Drive) carrier
7) Optical drive (CD/DVD drive/Blu-Ray drive).
Connecting each component in order
First, connect the power cables to the motherboard. Then, connect the data cable to the hard drive. Next, plug in your Wi-Fi card into your computer’s USB port. Finally, plug your mouse and keyboard into the USB ports on the side of your laptop.
With this guide, you can do a simple upgrade on your Dell Inspiron 15 5585 laptops with little hassle and less worry.
Reattaching the components following the same order as they were removed
Reattaching the components following the same order as they were removed will ensure that you are connecting each component correctly and securely.
Step 5) Reattach the hard drive to its carrier by first screwing in four screws into the carrier and then using a screwdriver to tighten four more screws on top of those four.
Step 6) Connect the power cable from your computer’s power supply to your laptop's motherboard.7) Finally, connect the data cable from your hard drive to your computer’s motherboard and plug it in with a push-lock connector.
Resetting your computer, reinstalling Windows and drivers.
Once you have your laptop and all of its components in the right order, you're going to want to reset and reinstall Windows. This process is called a "clean install." The clean install will include a fresh installation of Windows and all of the software that was on your computer before.
After reinstalling Windows and drivers, it's recommended that you update the operating system to the newest version. Updating has a lot of benefits, including improved system performance, increased security, improved compatibility with new hardware devices, and new features and functions. Read More: Dell Alienware 15 R4: The Complete Guide to your daily life
Can I upgrade my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop?
If your laptop is an older model, then you can probably upgrade it. However, if it's a newer model, there may be some difficulty in upgrading the computer.
The most common upgrades that people do to their laptops are replacing the RAM and the hard drive.
To replace RAM, you have to remove all of its screws and slip it out of its carrier. After this process put the new RAM into the same holes as before with leads facing upwards and reattach all components back into their carriers.
Given Bellow some steps about the hard drive:
- Make sure that your laptop is turned off before beginning this process. - Unscrew all screws from the case of your laptop. - Remove the hard drive from its carrier by first removing its screws and then sliding it out of the plastic carrier. - Once all components are removed, connect them in order according to the technician’s directions. - After connecting each component, reattach them following the same order as they were removed with those new leads facing upwards into their place.>>END>>
Dell Inspiron laptops are already a great value for the money, but there are some upgrades that even the most budget-conscious buyers will want to take advantage of. If you’re looking for a new laptop, or just want to upgrade your current one, these steps will help you get started.